Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Pie of the week - Week #11

I'm running out of time in the holiday season, so I'm trying to smash in all of the classic and near-classic holiday pie recipes that I can.  To that end, I'll be making a sweet potato pie this week.  I've never eaten, much less made, a sweet potato pie before, so this will be a new experience all the way around.  While it's obviously possible to make a sweet potato pie using canned sweet potatoes, I wouldn't be the glutton for punishment that I claim to be if I did so.  So, I'll be peeling and mashing sweet potatoes this weekend.  

Happy New Year!

4 comments:

melanie said...

this has nothing to do with this entry, but check this out!! :}



http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_cheesecake_a_pie_or_cake

Joy said...

mel, u really can't leave him alone huh? i love it!

Unknown said...

Bake the taters. I repeat -- bake the taters. No boiling. Baking.

Simple Simon said...

@melanie - you win! note the new poll question.

@Wife - who's side are you on here?

@Glen - as you wish