Friday, February 27, 2009

Waitress

I finally watched Waitress last night.  When I first started this blog, I had several people mention this movie to me since pie baking is at its center.  It was pretty apprehensive about watching it, if for no other reason than I am not much of a fan of Keri Russell.  Felicity, anyone?  I doubt that I could have, and I know that I had no desire to, sit through a full episode of that ode to overwrought angst (seriously, that's all the big words that I know.  In one sentence).  But, I was wrong to hesitate on this movie.  It certainly is not the finest film I have ever watched.  How could it be?  I've seen both of the Jackass movies.  After those anything less than Citizen Kane is tripe.  But this was not bad at all.  It was pretty cute and I enjoyed the pie angle.  I might even go so far as to say that I was a little bit inspired.  I am in no position to be inventing pies from scratch, but by the end of this mad adventure, perhaps...

I know that I still owe pictures of the Shoo-Fly pie.  I'll get them posted; hopefully tomorrow.  It was surprisingly good.  If you like molasses cookies, you'd like Shoo-Fly pie.

No comments: