Friday, May 15, 2009

Week #28 & 29 pies

Mostly pictures of the past two pies

Lemonade cheesecake. I maintain that this was definitely not cheesecake, it is just unfortunately named. Anyway, it is a nice, reasonably light pie that is extremely easy to make (perhaps the easiest so far) and would be a great summer pie. You can find the recipe here.


If you looked at the recipe and were wondering, I ain't piping whipped cream any time soon.


And, from the ever so slightly off-center mind of E.S., chocolate chip pie...

I added my own slightly more off-center touch and made up this pie. It consisted of:
  • The usual pastry crust
  • A big chocolate chip cookie laid on top of the crust
  • A layer of home made vanilla custard
  • A layer of chocolate chips
  • A layer of the above custard mixed with whipped cream
  • A sprinkling of chocolate chips on the top

I think it turned out okay, if a little bit strange for a pie.

C'mon, I know you think the rose is a nice touch.


We probably should have waited a little bit longer for it to set up, but sometimes you just get impatient, right?



1 comment:

Unknown said...

You continue to come close to ruining my long-term diet. Those last two pies look pretty tempting, should I ever fall off the no-pie-havin' wagon.