Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Black Bottom Butterscotch Pecan

I failed to have a selection ready for Pie Club Monday at work last week. And, I am happy to report that I received a bit of a guilt trip, and I think I know why... No names, no names. The guilty will remain semi-, ok, not really all-that-anonymous. I am choosing to delude myself and believe that the pies are so good that people spend their weekends pining for Monday and an opportunity to taste a slice. In reality, it's free dessert. What more is required?

Come Thursday night, I decided I had better whip something up as a special Friday edition of the Pie Club, and eventually came up with a Black Bottom Butterscotch Pecan. Black bottom implies a stiff layer of chocolate between the crust and filling. I ended up with too much chocolate layer, but it was fun, and edible, nonetheless. I combined the recipe that I started with with this one, and I think the end result was actually quite good. No one complained, at least not loudly. Again, free dessert, etc., etc.

Here's a picture of pie #41.


Only eleven more to go. Any suggestions of pie that I just have to make before my mission is complete?

2 comments:

Julie said...

Suggesting something peach....and the family pies were not *that* bad. I am not reading any love for your pies in the past several posts....

Simple Simon said...

@Julie

Suggestion noted.

They were *that* bad. At least.