Saturday, December 11, 2010

Thanksgiving Pies (Family Edition)

During my sabbatical from organized pie making I managed to forget how easy it is to fall behind. It is easy to fall behind in the making of pies and even easier to fall behind in blogging about the pies that were made.

So, here I am briefly posting about pies that I made several weeks ago for our family Thanksgiving and hoping to get caught up soon.

I made two pies for our family Thanksgiving celebration, neither of which turned out to be very good. If I did not know any better, I would have thought that they were both made by someone who had never baked before. I hated them both and in retrospect am embarrassed to have served them. But, they were what they were, and I can not do anything about it now.

First, a decidedly mediocre "Fudgy" Chocolate Cream Pie. I skipped the meringue and went with whipped cream instead. I really doubt that it would have mattered.



And, a truly dreadful Banana Rum Cream. I really thought that I was going to like this one. Unfortunately, it sucked.



I am really hoping for a big weekend where I get caught up on this blog (I have two pies that have been made and consumed but not blogged about). Wish me well (or not, if you had the misfortune of having eaten either of these two pies)...

No comments: